среда, 25 февраля 2015 г.

You should give your best work away for free

For the last two weeks I’ve been working on a new journaling app. It’s going to be the best one of all my apps. I was thinking of, maybe, pricing it at $4, because it’s going to be so good and useful. I thought maybe I’d make a bundle of apps. When my new app is ready I’ll have 3 productivity apps. One of them costs $1, another - $2, and the new app will cost $4. So I thought I could sell the bundle of three apps for, say, $5. But then I was reminded of something I already knew, but forgot: you should give your best work away for free.

Just couple of days ago I read an article by Gary Vaynerchuk on this topic. And I thought to myself: “Of course! How could I even think about selling this app? This app is going to be so great that I should definitely give it away for free”.

Now, it may be counterintuitive, but if you think about it, you’ll realise that this is just common sense. People should know about you by your greatest work, not by your average work. Sell your average work, but your best work should be given away for free.

Of course, when you give something away, you have to be strategical about it. It’s not about being Mother Teresa. You need to get something in return. My plan is this. In my app there is going to be a little button, called “Info”, which will be linked to a page on by blog. On that page I’ll explain in detail, how to use my app properly. I will ask for reviews and for comments. People will see what I’m all about and maybe even buy some of my other apps. The goal is to increase awareness about me and my blog.

I’ll publish the app page soon, so follow me on any of the social networks that I use, and I’ll let you know when it’s ready. I have to make the page before I publish the app. After that it will take 1-2 weeks to eventually publish the app. During that time I’ll do my best to promote the page.

That’s all for now. Thanks for reading.



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий